The installation of crowns and bridges usually takes two appointments to complete. During the first appointment, we take impressions of the teeth that are to be replaced. Then temporary crowns or bridges are installed to protect your teeth until the custom restoration is being made.
Advice after crown or bridge installation
- Don’t consume hot beverages when you are under anesthesia.
- Don’t eat hard or sticky foods (candy, chewing gum).
- Try to eat on the opposite side.
The day after until full healing
- Brush your teeth normally, but floss carefully to avoid dislodging the temporary crown.
- If a temporary crown comes off, you will have to come back in so we can re-cement it. This is important as it will prevent other teeth from moving and compromising the fit of your final restoration.
If you experience pain or have trouble closing your mouth, of if you have any questions, call us.